To ensure the highest quality results and relevant results Search engines are constantly changing their algorithms to improve search results. Today, we will talk about Google Search updates in the autumn of 2021.
Also, you can always order CRM development services for movers from Best movers crm
The search engine can replace titles in snippets by the engine itself
Since mid-August, Google started changing snippet titles within the search results in itself. This is typically not the best option for businesses. According to Google the robot alters the title of the snippet in situations where it does not accurately describe the content of the page. The search engine’s primary concerns are title-related issues, missing elements, and page content.
Google would like the title to represent the content as precisely and as informatively as possible, and not just attract the attention of others. It is therefore not appropriate to have the same title for each page regardless of the content. If this occurs, the system adds text to the page.
Examples of titles Google now considers irrelevant:
- Titles that are no longer relevant (Criteria for Admission to Ohio University in 2020);
- Inaccurate Names (Giant stuffed animal, teddy bears, polar bears and bears Name of the site);
- Title of the site;
- Template titles are listed on several website pages.
Google released the Control your title link in the manual for search results in autumn 2021. This document is specifically focused on title links that are clickable titles that are displayed above search results excerpts. The document also offers suggestions on how to make these. The search engine has also published guidelines for the creation of informative excerpts. These manuals will prevent Google from replacing titles of snippets with their algorithms.
The search engine suggests the following:
- Utilizing a distinct title for each page;
- Be careful not to use excessively many keywords. Avoid using too many keywords.
- Using brief and concise titles that fully show the content of the page;
- Use brand elements in your title. You can include your company’s name at the start or end of the title, and separate the text with a colon, a hyphenor v-bar.
Similar to that documents provide explanations of how Google displays snippets in search results. Google may display snippet titles that do not meet the guidelines.
- The link text to the page.
- Link text on the page
- Heading and subheading tags for h1 through h6
- A style for page text marking;
- The body of the page text
According to Serpstat.com, between August 2021 and September 2021 Google altered the snippets used in 60% of the URLs included in the study (7,185 from 12,000).
Knowing this, optimizers or other professionals who create meta tags (such as small business owners who personally run a website) can control snippets and titles. The title should be informative, but not too long, and should not be excessively saturated with spam.
Online stores Search engine optimization updates
In the fall of 2021, Google changed the SEO promotional guideline for E-commerce. The guide provides information on:
- Data about the product (feed) to Google;
- The addition of structured data related to E-commerce on your site
- Design of an URL structure the online store
- Search engine analysis of the structure of the online store
- Launch of an online store
- Services that allow customers and other web users can see the content of stores online.
- The impact of pagination and slow loading (gradual or delayed loading) of web pages on website position in Google;
Online store items can be found in search results as well as on Google Lens, Google My Business Google My Business, Google Maps, and Google Lens. Google encourages reviews of products, feeds for products, and customer service points to be made public.
This guide is particularly useful for those who are starting new ventures since it provides up-to-date tips on how to create and start an online store.
Google has announced MUM (multitask unified model) technology to enable multimodal search using Google Lens in September. Utilizing the text and image search function will make it easier to find answers to difficult questions. You can take a picture of a bike that’s damaged and then send a request for help.
This technology can also be useful for e-commerce. This feature lets customers search for socks with similar patterns to their shirt. This feature will be made available in 2022.
This is the reason it’s vital. Multimodal search is another method to advertise the merchandise of your online store. Proper product card markup and accurate information about the item improve the visibility of your products through this channel.
A new method of assessing the quality of a website and business
This October, it became known that the guidelines for evaluating the quality of a search had been revised. The new version of the document is:
- New guidelines have been released for analyzing the reputations of websites and content creators. Google has also altered the method it uses to assess the credibility of a website (expert) and what it considers to be reliable sources of information on reputation. When evaluating the reputation of a website, Google considers the type of content as well as whether the website belongs to YMYL. (Reminder that YMYL stands for acronym that means Your Money- Your Life. Google examines blog and website pages that may impact the finances of their users or health. If a site is YMYL-related (e.g. an information page for a clinic information page), it will be the positive feedback of experts that are important. Customer feedback is essential when it comes to online shops. This is a significant change since it demonstrates that feedback from customers is more important than informational YMYL sites, whose EA-T could differ.
- A more specific definition of the subcategory YMYL groups of people. This subcategory now covers a wide range of social and economic collectivities, including caste, gender identity and victims of violent incidents and their families as well as those who have been granted immigration status. E-A-T principles will become even more important in publishing information that relates to these groups of people.
The quality of the rating of a page
Since 2020, based on the E-A -T, Google has given each website a Page Quality Rating. Each web page should have a goal and each page must be able to fulfill its purpose. The Page Quality Rating helps to determine the primary purpose of a website and how well it meets its goal. We’ve discussed the subject more in this article.
Google added the Page Quality Rating in October 2021.
- The definition of upsetting-offensive is now a little more concise. It is not overlapping with the sections on low quality websites. That is, the robot will determine that the website to be low-quality or upsetting/offensive without mixing the two definitions.
- They have revised the criteria for evaluating of high and low-quality websites and expanded the Lowest quality pages section. The content that is of the lowest quality is now also classified as information that causes harm to other people or certain groups of people in addition to information that is suspect and spam. Publishing confidential information about someone without their consent is one instance of harm. It also includes content that promotes suicide or murder, or content that promotes dehumanizing stereotypes of a particular group.
- Changes made to Google Search are made to ensure that the user receives the most relevant results, consisting of credible websites that represent a quality business.
- It will soon be possible to search simultaneously for an image and as a text in the new year.
- These guidelines were included to assist you in assessing the quality of a website as well as the business it represents. A clearer definition of what constitutes bad content and pages that are not of high quality have been included.
- The options for promoting online stores have also been expanded: items are now displayed in search results as well on search engine results.
- Google alters the title of a page when it determines that the title is in its perception, inaccurate or misleading. It is important to format the title according to the guidelines and rules of the search engine.